On this Network of Care site, you will find a listing of community-based resources for children and adults that are close to where you live. Note that this database not only includes resources that integrate children and adults with developmental disabilities into regular programming and activities with their non-disabled peers, but also includes specialized programs serving only people with developmental disabilities.
Our objective in listing all of these resources in one site is to better inform the Individualized Planning Process (IPP). Your family member’s IPP is the guide to the services and supports that he or she will need. The Network of Care gives clients and families direct access to the resources that are available. When more than one resource is available that may meet your family member’s needs, your service coordinator can help you make an informed choice in accordance with the Regional Center’s service standards. For more information on the IPP process you may consult the “Guide to the Regional Center.” View the online version of the Guide.
READ MORE ABOUT VENDORED RESOURCES LISTED ON LANTERMAN'S NETWORK OF CARE
- The Regional Center is required to vendor any organization or individual meeting the minimum criteria established in regulation to provide services to people with developmental disabilities.
- Lanterman does not guarantee either of the following with regards to any and all vendored resources:
- the quality of services provided by the vendored resource,
- that the provider is still in business or accepting regional center clients.
- The fact that a resource is vendored with the Regional Center does not guarantee that this vendor and the services they provide will be approved for every client.
- As always, when there is an expectation that the Regional Center will fund a service, and the services is provided by a vendored resource, that service must be approved and included in the client’s IFSP/IPP before services begin.
- If the client or family receives services before funding for the service has been approved by the Regional Center, the client and/or family will be responsible for payment of services up to the time that funding for a service is authorized by the Regional Center. Funding for services is not granted retroactively.
- Funding for all vendored resources is guided by the Center’s purchase of services policy statement and service standards available on the Lanterman Web site at http://www.lanterman.org/financial/purchase_of_services_policy_statement/.
- If you visit a vendored resource and have concerns about what you see or hear, you should discuss your concerns with your service coordinator.